Sunday 27 March 2011

New start!

   Hi everyone!
I have been working hard this week. First of all, i wasn't happy with my floss storage. As a consequence, I sorted them out, so they can be more easily found the next time. Actually, it was extremely useful to my new start.
But first, I must be loyal to Blue bird. After two weeks, I'm really enjoying it. The colors came one after the other, and even the confettis didn't bother me that much (well, that might not be the exact truth ;)). There si my progress so far
The first page needs some more work to be finished. But sometimes, I don't know if you feel the same, it takes time to understand the spirit of a project. And it seems that when you find it, it goes so much more easily. I want to be haunted by the Blue bird spirit!
And as for my new start, that's another story. I had decided with my inner self that I wouldn't begin a new HAED without finishing the first page of Blue bird. But it was too hard, I'm weak. So i've started The wizard of oz! I love the film, I have watched it so many times when I was young (even after actually). And for this new start, I decided on an experiment: the tent stitching! The beautiful work of Nina got me convinced. The crafty princess is doing some experiment too  and that looks awesome! So I want to give it a try. And after today's work on it, I'm quite happy. It's so fast! and the coverage, even if it isn't perfect, looks great most of the time. So triple hurray for Nina and the Princess.
By the way, it's on 28 count, stitched with two threads.
Now I think I deserve some stitching on Pinocchio, which seems so much easier after the HAEDs.
Happy stitching!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Anojaa,

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I just went through yours and boy, you are making some wonderful projects as well. Glad to see that you are stitching¨Pinocchio as well. Isn't that a wonderful design ? Can't wait to see your progress on this one too.

    Have a nice day.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, thanks for the compliment :) And because you're stitching on 28ct I wouldn't worry about the coverage. It might seems with darker colours like the fabric shows through (at this moment), but after a page or a couple you won't see any difference between tent stitches and full x's :)

    You have a great start! I'm really looking forward your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anojaa. I second Nina's comment, thanx for the mention. This is what blogging is all about. Support and admiration for each others work. I'm loving the tent stitching but being a complete traditionalist I prefer the full crosses, but in reality I will need to do a few projects in tent otherwise I will never see the end of all my beloved projects. It looks great so go for it. You're progressing really well. Congrats.
    Alicia xo

    ReplyDelete